Hi. I’m Jessica Gramp, the founder of Inclusive Web Ltd. I’ve worked in the e-learning sector since 2004, at all levels of education, from primary, middle and secondary schools, to higher education institutions. I’ve also worked within the corporate sector to deliver professional development training and as an IT consultant.
My background is in web development and multimedia production, so I have a strong technical understanding of web and media, which enables me to co-design e-learning courses using a wide variety of technologies and troubleshoot any problems along the way. During my career, I’ve primarily worked with staff and students to develop their IT competencies. Recently I’ve focused on helping academics to design and deliver well-structured, blended-learning courses.
I am a qualified and experienced Project Manager, having completed my Master of Project Management (PMI) in 2007. Since then, I have led a number of education projects at top European universities.
In 2018, I completed a Master of Digital Education at the University of Edinburgh, in which I specialised in accessibility and assessment feedback. I have led projects to improve teaching practices in both these areas and am passionate about removing barries to learning for the benefit of all students and teachers, while catering to the needs of those with disabilities in particular.
I developed the prototype for the Moodle MyFeedback plugin, which is now installed on over 400 Moodle sites world-wide and continues to be maintained and developed by colleagues at University College London. This tool allows students, and their personal tutors, an overview of their assessment feedback and their academic progress overall.
My current ambitions are to share the ABC Learning Design method with more institutions in the southern hemisphere and that is how Inclusive Web Ltd was born.
I would be interested in hearing from others who are working in similar areas and looking to collaborate, or from those who are interested in hiring me to work on e-learning projects. I am available to run course design workshops with local subject matter experts in schools, colleges, universities or the private sector. Please contact me via this website.
- 2019 Launched Inclusive Web Ltd to offer Learning Design workshops and my project management expertise to the e-learning sector.
- 2018 Won a bid for Erasmus+ project funding with colleagues from 13 top European universities to expand the support for ABC Learning Design workshops (ABCtoVLE).
- 2018 Led UCL Accessible Moodle project, resulting in enhancements to Moodle configuration and theme.
- 2017 UCL Provost Teaching Award winner and obtained Senior Fellowship, Higher Education Academy.
- 2016 Led the testing and launch of the Moodle MyFeedback plugin (and developed prototype).
- 2015 Led the merger of the UCL E-Learning Baseline with that from the Institute of Education.
- 2014 Teaching Excellence Bursary study visit to Harvard University, Boston University and University of Michigan leading to implementation of typed examinations at UCL Qatar.
- 2013 Developed e-learning reports to inform e-learning strategies in faculties and departments.
- 2012 Led the establishment of the UCL E-Learning Champions’ network.
- 2011 Developed a virtual classroom pilot service at UCL using Blackboard Collaborate.
- 2010 Led the development of e-examination policies at UCL, now in the Academic Manual.
My full curriculum vitae is available on LinkedIn.